We all know that going through security at the airport is necessary but also a bit stressful. It is usually busy and somewhat chaotic as officers are shouting directions, you are looking for bins, and trying to make certain you have removed anything that could cause a problem. The security lines, however, are one of the places you are most likely to lose something. Most of us are relieved to get through the lines, but before you leave the area, take a minute to make sure you have your belongings. The most common things left at security include glasses, belts, phones and tablets, jewelry, passports, and children’s toys,
If you want to increase your chances of getting through the airport quicker, here are some things that will help:
- Get the airlines’ app. It will alert you of delays or gate changes.
- Check in online. If you are flying internationally, you may need to go to the desk to show your passport but if you are flying domestically, check in 24 hours ahead and save yourself time at the airport. Most airlines now have bag drops or expedited lines if you’re already checked in, so if you are checked in, drop your checked bag at the drop and just proceed through security.
- Bring some snacks with you. If you do get held up and don’t have time to find something to eat before boarding, that sandwich you brought from home will save the day.
- Be particularly cautious about using free wifi. Free does not mean safe. Don’t go anywhere online where you need to enter any of your passwords.
- Make sure you put identification on your suitcase. When all those cases come out of the chute many of them look alike. I usually give my clients a luggage grip that will help them identify their possession, but it’s always a good idea to put your name and phone number on a luggage tag with a covering so that a casual passerby can’t read it. That will also prove helpful should your bag get lost. It will help airline personnel identify it and return it to you.
July 29-August 8 Alaskan Cruise on the Island Princess.
September 8-16 Castles Along the Rhine River Cruise
October 5-10 Washington DC and Gettysburg
We are taking deposits for all of next year’s tours:
April 22-May 5 Lynn and Lidia’s Italy My number 1 guide and good friend will take us on a journey through Italy to some of our favorite places. We’ll visit Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento,Isle of Capri, Assisi, Venice, Padua, Lake Maggiore, Lucca , Florence, San Gimignano and more. Call for pricing and enrollment information!
June 6-20, 2019 Viking Homelands This cruise will take place on the Viking Sea.This cruise will visit Sweden, Norway, Denmark, St. Petersburg, Estonia, Poland,and Berlin.
August 11-21, 2019 Delightful Danube and Prague Join us as we spend three wonderful days in the beautiful city of Prague before boarding the S.S. Beatrice in Nuremberg for a seven night cruise down the Danube. We’ll visit the towns of Regensburg, Passau, Melk, and Vienna before ending our journey in the amazing city of Budapest
September 8-16 Iceland: Land of Fire and Ice We’ll visit Reykjavik, before traveling the Golden Circle. We’ll experience the energy at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur. We’ll have an opportunity to explore caves or lava fields. We’ll spend some time with a family that keeps alive a 400 year old fishing tradition. We’ll stop at the Volcano Visitor Center to learn how families survived during the 2010 explosion. We’ll take a cruise among the huge icebergs of the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon or Whale Watching before returning home. See the itinerary at https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/861057
May 17-28, 2020 Alpine Explorer and Oberammergau We will explore a bit of Switzerland and Austria before arriving at Oberammergau for the Passion Play. Some of the highlights of this trip include Lago Maggiore, Island Dinner, Zermatt, Glacier Express Train, St. Moritz, Innsbruck, Salzburg, St. Peter’s Restaurant, Mozart Dinner Concert, Munich, Oberammergau Passion Play, Linderhof Palace, Füssen, Neuschwanstein Castle. First com, first served. Check out the itinerary: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/817395
June 2020 New!! Colorado Rockies We’ll fly in and out of the Mile High City of Denver and then travel to Grand Junction. We’ll visit the Colorado National Monument, Arches National Park, Canyonlands, National Park, and Mesa Verda National Park. We’ll then travel to Durango and ride the Silverton RailRoad before ending our trip in Colorado Springs.
September 2020 Discover Poland
October 2020 Autumn Colors
Have a great week!