This evening I thought I’d just list a few little things that you can do to make your travel a little more comfortable:
- Throw a dryer sheet in your suitcase. It will help keep your suitcase smell a bit fresher. If you don’t have any dryer sheets, just grab one of those little bars of hotel soap and throw that in the suitcase.
- Eyeglass cases make great storage for cables and chargers.
- When choosing seats for yourself and your traveling companion choose the window and the aisle. Most people hate the middle seat. If it stays empty you’ll have more room. If someone does sit there and you want to be seated together, most people will give up the middle seat in a heartbeat and you’ll be able to trade.
- For a little piece of mind in your hotel room, purchase an inexpensive door stop and wedge it in your closed door. Just don’t forget to take it with you.
- Forget your charger? Most hotel TVs now have USB ports.
- If you are using a number of different hotels on your trip, grab a business card from the front desk before you go out. If you get turned around or forget the name of your hotel, you’ll be able to pull out the card and ask for help.
- Don’t change your money at the airport-they typically have a terrible exchange rate.
In other news: Do you like big, bustling cruise ships that are chock full of activities? You’ll love Symphony of the Seas, the new floating mega-resort from Royal Caribbean. Symphony is the largest cruise ship ever at 228,081 tons and it’s packed full of attractions such as a thrill slide that plunges nearly 100 feet and a Bionic Bar with a robot bartender. The ship boasts three main pool areas, a water slide complex, an adults-only solarium, an ice skating rink, two rock climbing walls, a basketball court and a mall-like indoor promenade with shops, bars and eateries. Like Harmony, it also has an open-air, tree-lined area called Central Park with restaurants, bars and upscale shops such as Bulgari.
July 29-August 8 Alaskan Cruise on the Island Princess.
September 8-16 Castles Along the Rhine River Cruise
October 5-10 Washington DC and Gettysburg
We are taking deposits for all of next year’s tours:
April 22-May 5 Lynn and Lidia’s Italy My number 1 guide and good friend will take us on a journey through Italy to some of our favorite places. We’ll visit Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento,Isle of Capri, Assisi, Venice, Padua, Lake Maggiore, Lucca , Florence, San Gimignano and more. Call for pricing and enrollment information!
June 6-20, 2019 Viking Homelands This cruise will take place on the Viking Sea.This cruise will visit Sweden, Norway, Denmark, St. Petersburg, Estonia, Poland,and Berlin.
August 11-21, 2019 Delightful Danube and Prague Join us as we spend three wonderful days in the beautiful city of Prague before boarding the S.S. Beatrice in Nuremberg for a seven night cruise down the Danube. We’ll visit the towns of Regensburg, Passau, Melk, and Vienna before ending our journey in the amazing city of Budapest
September 8-16 Iceland: Land of Fire and Ice We’ll visit Reykjavik, before traveling the Golden Circle. We’ll experience the energy at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur. We’ll have an opportunity to explore caves or lava fields. We’ll spend some time with a family that keeps alive a 400 year old fishing tradition. We’ll stop at the Volcano Visitor Center to learn how families survived during the 2010 explosion. We’ll take a cruise among the huge icebergs of the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon or Whale Watching before returning home. See the itinerary at https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/861057
May 17-28, 2020 Alpine Explorer and Oberammergau We will explore a bit of Switzerland and Austria before arriving at Oberammergau for the Passion Play. Some of the highlights of this trip include Lago Maggiore, Island Dinner, Zermatt, Glacier Express Train, St. Moritz, Innsbruck, Salzburg, St. Peter’s Restaurant, Mozart Dinner Concert, Munich, Oberammergau Passion Play, Linderhof Palace, Füssen, Neuschwanstein Castle. First com, first served. Check out the itinerary: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/817395
June 2020 New!! Colorado Rockies We’ll fly in and out of the Mile High City of Denver and then travel to Grand Junction. We’ll visit the Colorado National Monument, Arches National Park, Canyonlands, National Park, and Mesa Verda National Park. We’ll then travel to Durango and ride the Silverton RailRoad before ending our trip in Colorado Springs.
September 2020 Discover Poland
October 2020 Autumn Colors
Have a great week!