It’s that time of the year when we begin to think about our holiday travel. Just a few reminders:
- Do not wrap gifts that you are going to carry on. They will most likely need to be unwrapped, holding up the line.
- Pies (may be subject to additional screening), cakes, bread, donuts, and yes, turkeys are allowed.
- Not allowed: sauces, jellies and james, dips and spreads, oils and vinegar, soups, wine or any liquor. Put in your checked bag if you have to but make sure to protect the rest of your contents.
- Large electronics must be placed in a separate bin for screening.
- For more info, visit http://www.tsa.gov
If you are going on a cruise, please note that lines are raising the cost of their drink packages. In recent weeks, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian all raised their drink package prices. Before purchasing, you want to do the math to see if you will drink enough to warrant purchasing a package.
Random travel tips:
- Many times lunchtime is the best time to visit historical sites. The sites empty out and you’ll have fewer crowds to fight.
- Try to avoid eating in a touristy area or near a tourist attraction. Walk a few blocks in any direction and you’ll probably find better, less expensive food.
- When getting in the security line, try to get behind business travelers. They move quickly. Try not to get behind families. They take forever-not their fault, but if you are in a hurry, try to avoid them.
- When checking in at the airport try to stand in the line next to the first class line. When that line goes down, they will normally wave you over.
Fuller Travel Escorted Tours
April 25-May 5 Shades of Ireland Visit the Emerald Isle and enjoy Dublin, Kilkenny, Waterford, Killarney, the Ring of Kerry, Limerick, the Cliffs of Moher, and Galway. Kiss the Blarney Stone, sleep in a castle, and much more. https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/764793 Call for availability.
May 16-24, 2018 Israel: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land. This tour is being arranged by Fuller Travel but is being escorted by Fr. Anthony Strouse. Join Fr. Strouse as you journey to these mostimportant Christian sites: Visit Jaffa, Caesarea, Nazareth, Cana, Tiberias, the Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Jerusalem. Follow the Via Dolorosa, the Way of the Cross. Call for availability.
July 29-August 8 Alaskan Cruise on the Island Princess. Spend three nights on land in Anchorage, Princess McKinley Lodge, and Princess Denali Lodge. From Denali you will board a train and journey down to our ship where we will embark on a 7 day journey. We will experience the Hubbard Glacier and Glacier National Park from our ship. We will visit the ports of Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan before disembarking in Vancouver. Deposit now for the best choice of stateroom. Join us on this cruise as we will be donating a portion of our profit from each cabin to our local Rotary Foundation to help with our service projects.m Deposit now! Cabins are disappearing.
September 8-16 Castles Along the Rhine River Cruise Travel from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland along the Rhine River. This cruise, aboard the SS Antoinette will encompass 4 countries. Those of you who love picturesque and historic sites will find medieval castles, cathedrals, and scenes that have inspired great poets, painters, and composers. Call for availability.
October 5-10 Washington DC and Gettysburg This five day guided trip will take in the White House, US Capitol, monuments and museums, Arlington, and the Basilica Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. We will have a battlefield tour of Gettysburg as well as some free time to explore Historic Gettysburg. This is a bus tour-no air involved. $1500 cost includes 5 nights hotel, motorcoach, 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, all sightseeing and gratuities. $200 reserves your spot. Call for availability.
April, 2019 Lynn and Lidia’s Italy My number 1 guide will take us on a journey through Italy to some of our favorite places. We’ll visit Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, Assisi, Venice, Padua, Lake Maggiore, Florence, and more. Additional info will be available soon.
June 6-20, 2019 Viking Homelands This cruise will take place on the Viking Sea.This cruise will visit Sweden, Norway, Denmark, St. Petersburg, Estonia, Poland,and Berlin. We are taking deposits. Tour is half full.
August, 2019 Delightful Danube and Prague More info soon.
October 2019 Iceland: Land of Fire and Ice We’ll visit Reykjavik, before traveling the Golden Circle. We’ll experience the energy at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur. We’ll have an opportunity to explore caves or lava fields. We’ll spend some time with a family that keeps alive a 400 year old fishing tradition. We’ll stop at the Volcano Visitor Center to learn how families survived during the 2010 explosion. We’ll take a cruise among the huge icebergs of the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon or Whale Watching before returning home.
May 2020 Alpine Explorer and Oberammergau We will explore a bit of Switzerland and Austria before arriving at Oberammergau for the Passion Play. Some of the highlights of this trip include Lago Maggiore, Island Dinner, Zermatt, Glacier Express Train, St. Moritz, Innsbruck, Salzburg, St. Peter’s Restaurant, Mozart Dinner Concert, Munich, Oberammergau Passion Play, Linderhof Palace, Füssen, Neuschwanstein Castle. Because this event in Oberammergau only occurs every 10 years, I have a very short time to take deposits for this trip. Even though it is a long way out, tickets are very scarce. Check out the itinerary: https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/817395 This tour has a very short enrollment period. Please call if you are interested.
June 2020 Canadian Rockies
September 2020 Poland
October 2020 Autumn Colors
Have a great week!