This week, I’d like to mention a few packing and travel tips:
- Use a packing list. I know it is difficult to take that extra step but a good reason to use it is that when you are ready to close your suitcase, put that list on top of everything and take a picture of it. Should your suitcase get lost, you will have some proof of what was in it.
- Never check essential items. Passports, medications, money, credit cards, jewelry, pricey souvenirs, and electronics should also stay with you. It’s not a bad idea to have a change of clothes in your carry on, just in case your bags take the scenic route getting to you.
- Use packing cubes. They really do work. Some people use compression bags which I haven’t tried but may be worth a try.
- Take spare Ziploc bags. You never know when you might need them. They weigh nothing and can serve a multitude of purposes.
- Remember that loose lithium batteries must be packed in your carry on.
- Double check the TSA’s list of prohibitive items before going to the airport.
- Make sure that you give your suitcase a unique identifier, especially if it is black. Of course if you are traveling with me, I will give you luggage grips that clearly identify you as part of our travel group.
- Remember that the three most important things to keep close are money, medications, and your passport!
I get a lot of questions about where to buy different items for travel. Here is a list of places that I frequent. You may have your own.
- Suitcases, backpacks, packing cubes, travel accessories: http://www.ebags.com
- Adaptors, convertors, TSA locks etc. Anywhere that sells luggage. There are also a couple of really nice online companies: http://www.travelsmith.com http://www.magellans.com
- Travel Clothes: http://www.chicos.com Columbia, Eddie Bauer, http://www.rei.com , http://www.travelsmith.com. Watch for sales.
May 17-28, 2020 Alpine Explorer and Oberammergau Taking waitlist requests.
May 30-June 7, 2020 Paris and Normandy River Cruise Call for availability.
June 16-26 Shrines of Italy This pilgrimage will visit The Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, San Giovanni Rotundo, Tomb of Padre Pio, Abbey of Santissima Trinita, Madonna del Rosario Sanctuary, Vatican City with Papal Audience, Christian Rome City Tour, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Deposit now.
August 15-23 Canadian Rockies We’ll fly into Vancouver and after enjoying the sights of Vancouver and Victoria, we’ll head up to Kamloops and then to Jasper National Park. We’ll see the Athabascan Glacier from our snow machine. We’ll visit the spectacular Lake Louise and then on to Banff. Stunningly beautiful scenery. Enroll now!
September 12-23, 2020 Discovering Poland We’ll visit Warsaw, Gdansk, Torun, Wroclaw, and Krakow. Deposit now! Check out the itinerary at https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/902378
October 6-14 Autumn Colours Join us as we fly into Boston and weaver our way through the Freedom Trail with stops in Lexington and Concord. We’ll travel through the towns of Pittsfield, Quechee and Woodstock on our way to the White Mountains where we’ll stop in Conway and up to bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. On our way back to Boston we stop at historic Portsmouth as we work our way down the coast to Boston. Enroll now!
NEW October 31-November 9, 2020 Sunny Portugal This is an amazing tour at offseason pricing. $2999 per person double occupancy includes air from Detroit. Visit Lisbon Cascais, Obidos, Sintra. Enjoy the stunning coast of the Algarve and enjoy Lagos where Moorish and Renaissance influences meet towering cliffs. Explore Faro, the gateway to the Ria Formosa lagoon landscape, and much more. I only have 20 seats for this tour. https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1011623
NEW November 14- November 22, 2020 Spotlight on the French Riviera Enjoy this wonderful tour while staying in the same hotel. You will be based in the beautiful city of Nice but will have an opportunity to explore a different area each day. You’ll explore Nice but also Grasse, St. Tropez, Monaco, Monte Carlo Casino, Cannes, Antibes and St. Paul deVence among other areas. You will be home before Thanksgiving! Again, this trip is $2999 per person double occupancy including air out of Detroit. Again, limited amount of seats. https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1011478
January 24- February 8, 2021 Panama Canal Cruise This is a full transit 15 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco. We will visit Cartagena, Columbia; Panama Canal Full Transit; Fuerte Amador (Panama City); Puntarenas, Costa Rica; San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragu; and Cabo San Lucas before disembarking in San Francisco. Taking deposits.
April,6-17, 2021 Lynn and Lidia’s Sicily and Southern Italy tour with Sant’ippolito! Join us as we fly to the Sicilian Capital of Palermo. where we will spend 2 nights exploring the city. There will be an opportunity to take optional tours to Cefalu, Monte Pellegrino, and the goal market. We will then travel to Taormina by way of Agrigento to visit the Valley of the Temples. Once in Taormina we will take a walking tour of the Corso Umbreto and on to the Piazza for a panoramic view of the bay. The next day, explore Taormina at leisure or maybe take an optional trip to Mt. Etna and Savoca, home of the “Godfather”. We will then cross the Straits of Messina and on to Calabria. Here you will have an opportunity to visit the your family villages located outside Cosenza. After a stay in Calabria we head to Matera, Alberabello, and San Giovanni Rotundo to see the shrine of Padre Pio, and then make our way to Rome for our departure. Taking deposits!
Coming soon! May, 2021 Ireland
Coming Soon! September 2021 Charming French Canada
September 10, 2021 Rhine, Moselle, and Blissful Baden-Baden Spend 2 nights in the beautiful spa town of Baden-Baden and then board your ship for a cruise up the Rhine and Moselle rivers. We will visit Strasbourg, Speyer, Frankfurt, Rudesheim, Boppard, Cochem Bernkastel and Trier before returning home from Frankfurt. Taking deposits now!
Have a great week!