Coronavirus has certainly taken the top spot in travel news this week. If you have a trip booked with Fuller Travel please know that we are in constant contact with our tour operators and will communicate with you about your particular trip if there is anything to report. You are always welcome to shoot us an email or call as well. A very good place to get information is on the CDC website: http://www.cdc.gov Another good website to check is the World Health Organization: http://wwwwho.int
One of my very favorite travel writers is Robert Turen. He is usually right on point and I thought I would summarize some of his travel thoughts for you from his December 19 column in Travel Weekly:
- When you can’t decide where to go, go to Ireland
- Don’t be rude to anyone behind an airline counter, or your behavior will become part of your profile available for all to see until you are too old to fly.
- Hotels don’t have the right to fill your mini fridge with overly priced cans and bottles. Have the hotel empty it before you arrive so you can stock your own items.
- You may want to bring your Hermes, Ray-Bans, and Jimmy Choos. Really savvy travelers never go anywhere without a pack of bacterial wipes.
- The biggest mistake most travelers make is booking a 3 or 4 star hotel where a really great 5 star exists. Think about on-site security. Think about the neighborhood. Think about how often sheets and bedspreads are changed.
- For an important, real, water experience consider a week on a Ganges River boat cruise, followed by a wonderful week of luxury almost anywhere.
- The United States is less safe, statistically, than 83 other countries. Go to one of the 83 and relax.
- Always avoid staying in a hotel room that is higher than the highest point the local fire department ladders can reach.
- The quickest way to spot a fool is to find the person at the table who says, “I’m done with Italy.” You will never be done with Italy.
- You can always spot folks in business class who are not clients of ours. They’re the ones actually drinking the onboard coffee.
May 17-28, 2020 Alpine Explorer and Oberammergau Taking waitlist requests.
May 30-June 7, 2020 Paris and Normandy River Cruise Call for availability.
June 16-26 Shrines of Italy This pilgrimage will visit The Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, San Giovanni Rotundo, Tomb of Padre Pio, Abbey of Santissima Trinita, Madonna del Rosario Sanctuary, Vatican City with Papal Audience, Christian Rome City Tour, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Deposit now.
August 15-23 Canadian Rockies We’ll fly into Vancouver and after enjoying the sights of Vancouver and Victoria, we’ll head up to Kamloops and then to Jasper National Park. We’ll see the Athabascan Glacier from a specially designed snow machine. We’ll visit the spectacular Lake Louise and then on to Banff. Stunningly beautiful scenery. A few seats remain.
September 12-23, 2020 Discovering Poland We’ll visit Warsaw, Gdansk, Torun, Wroclaw, and Krakow. Deposit now! Check out the itinerary at https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/902378 Enroll now. I am still holding seats but will need to return any unsold in just a few weeks.
October 6-14 Autumn Colours Join us as we fly into Boston and weaver our way through the Freedom Trail with stops in Lexington and Concord. We’ll travel through the towns of Pittsfield, Quechee and Woodstock on our way to the White Mountains where we’ll stop in Conway and up to bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. On our way back to Boston we’ll stop at historic Portsmouth as we work our way down the coast. Enroll now!
NEW October 31-November 9, 2020 Sunny Portugal This is an amazing tour at offseason pricing. $2999 per person double occupancy includes air from Detroit. Visit Lisbon Cascais, Obidos, Sintra. Enjoy the stunning coast of the Algarve and enjoy Lagos where Moorish and Renaissance influences meet towering cliffs. Explore Faro, the gateway to the Ria Formosa lagoon landscape, and much more. I only have 20 seats for this tour. https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1011623
NEW November 14- November 22, 2020 Spotlight on the French Riviera Enjoy this wonderful tour while staying in the same hotel. You will be based in the beautiful city of Nice but will have an opportunity to explore a different area each day. You’ll explore Nice but also Grasse, St. Tropez, Monaco, Monte Carlo Casino, Cannes, Antibes and St. Paul deVence among other areas. You will be home before Thanksgiving! Again, this trip is $2999 per person double occupancy including air out of Detroit. Again, limited amount of seats. https://gateway.gocollette.com/link/1011478
January 24- February 8, 2021 Panama Canal Cruise This is a full transit 15 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco. We will visit Cartagena, Columbia; Panama Canal Full Transit; Fuerte Amador (Panama City); Puntarenas, Costa Rica; San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragu; and Cabo San Lucas before disembarking in San Francisco. Taking deposits.
April,6-17, 2021 Lynn and Lidia’s Sicily and Southern Italy tour with Sant’ippolito! Join us as we fly to the Sicilian Capital of Palermo. where we will spend 2 nights exploring the city. There will be an opportunity to take optional tours to Cefalu, Monte Pellegrino, and the goal market. We will then travel to Taormina by way of Agrigento to visit the Valley of the Temples. Once in Taormina we will take a walking tour of the Corso Umbreto and on to the Piazza for a panoramic view of the bay. The next day, explore Taormina at leisure or maybe take an optional trip to Mt. Etna and Savoca, home of the “Godfather”. We will then cross the Straits of Messina and on to Calabria. Here you will have an opportunity to visit the your family villages located outside Cosenza. After a stay in Calabria we head to Matera, Alberabello, and San Giovanni Rotundo to see the shrine of Padre Pio, and then make our way to Rome for our departure. Taking deposits!
Coming soon! May, 2021 Shades of Ireland
Coming Soon! August, 2021 Charming French Canada
September 10, 2021 Rhine, Moselle, and Blissful Baden-Baden Spend 2 nights in the beautiful spa town of Baden-Baden and then board your ship for a cruise up the Rhine and Moselle rivers. We will visit Strasbourg, Speyer, Frankfurt, Rudesheim, Boppard, Cochem Bernkastel and Trier before returning home from Frankfurt. Taking deposits now!