Most people pack too much when traveling. The following may help you when trying to make packing decisions:
- Lay out all your items before packing so you can reevaluate while looking at everything.
- Color-coding your clothing will help you mix and match.
- Pack items such as socks, belts in your shoes to save space.
- Pack items tightly so they don’t move around and wrinkle.
- Dry cleaning bags placed between layers of clothing help minimize wrinkling.
- Rolling rather than folding items helps to save space and minimize wrinkling.
- Pack toiletries in zip lock bags to avoid spills.
- Remember that individual containers containing more than 3 oz. of liquid must be checked.
- Do not pack medication, money, jewelry, or travel documents in your checked luggage.
- Pack sunscreen and insect repellant. It will be much cheaper to buy that here than at your destination.
- Take a few zip lock bags for carrying wet items or for keeping things dry.
- Pack an extra pair of glasses or carry your prescription with you.
- Make sure your name, address, and telephone number is inside your suitcase. If attaching a luggage tag to the outside, make sure it is a tag with a cover to conceal your personal information.
- Lock your luggage with TSA approved locks to prevent tampering. It’s important to have the ability to lock your luggage while touring, not just for the flight.
- If traveling overseas, make sure you know what type of adapter you will need for the electrical outlet.
- If you have food allergies, carry a card (preferably in the language of the country you are going to visit) to alert restaurant staff.
Fuller Travel “spoils you”. To say “you get your money’s worth” is putting it mildly. Fuller’s planning provides one with a trip packed with the perfect mix of adventure, sightseeing, learning (if one is interested) and “surprises” that we never encountered in travels through other agencies. It is no secret what is at the “top” of most lists, and Fuller knows and “will not rest” until they find the best bathrooms (yes), great hotel rooms, and great meals where one would least expect it….in the “middle of nowhere”. Thank you Fuller Travel!
~ Luisa, Grand Ledge