Skip to main content

Passport Requirements

By July 2, 2013December 16th, 2016Travel Tips

U.S. Citizen Passport Requirement

Air Travel

All U.S. citizens including children must present a passport or other approved travel document when entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens can present a passport, NEXUS card at airports with NEXUS kiosks, U.S. military ID with travel orders, or a U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when on official business.

Land/Sea Travel

Beginning June 1, 2009

  • U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver’s license. See the more complete information at

Advice: Get a passport!!

For additional passport information visit U.S. Department of State.

article separator

In August, we traveled through Fuller Travel Agency to Alaska with a large group of people. Lynn and Skip Fuller were great to travel with!  We never had to worry about any arrangements, they took care of everything, with top notch service. Each day they touched base with us to be sure we were having a great time and to see if there was anything further they could do for us. The entire trip was wonderful, all of their arrangements were fantastic. We highly recommend Fuller Travel Agency and will use them again without a doubt.

~ Cindy and Floyd